Sunday, January 12, 2014

Something Blue (and white)

This week's Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge has a theme of blue. I made this gothic arch for a swap, but am also entering it in the challenge.

We were provided with a template for the swap, so I cut it out and traced it onto chipboard.  I cut out the chipboard and then covered it with book paper.  I used a couple of Tim Holtz's layering stencils and Dylusions sprays to creat the background.  Once this was dry, I sponged them with distress ink.  I then added a tissue paper frame and an image from Gecko Galz.  Finished touches were the flower brad, the square flower image, a rub on and a lace border.

1 comment:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a great card! I found the images and elements quite stunning and love the layers you created in the background with the stencils and book paper. I thought your creation was perfect for the Gothic arch shape and I love the dimension you added with the bit of lace and other embellishments. This is a wonderful interpretation of this week's "blue" theme and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!