Friday, June 10, 2011

GC106 Packing Materials and Altered Pages

Gingersnap Creations continues their month of shopping and Altered Pages is the sponsor for this challenge, which is to use packaging materials in your artwork.  I used Altered Pages collage sheet #AP-1261, The Height of Fashion and did a packing tape transfer.  This is a very easy type of image transfer, but I had forgotten that it won't work on ink jet prints, only laser copies.  So I had to dig out one of my older Altered Pages sheets since I now order mostly digital images.  So after a few failed attempts with ink jet copies, my laser image transferred beautifully.  To make a packing tape transfer, simply place packing tape over your image and soak it in a bowl of water.  After a few minutes, gently remove the paper from the back by rubbing it with your finger.  Keep adding water as necessary.  Don't rub too hard or you can damage the image.


My card also uses a polished stone background and stamps from Tim Holtz and Blockheads.

4 comments:

2amscrapper said...

fantastic piece! The colors are so vibrant!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done!

Gerri Herbst said...

love the color combination of this card.

Trishia said...

Cathy, Merci beaucoup for visiting my blog:)!
I have tried the tape transfer method and find it amazing how simple and easy it is. I love the cold sheet laminate method -- it's messier with water, but some incredible results. Used it to create my business card....
A bientot,
Trishia